The Sheridan Center promotes a collaborative culture of teaching and learning, fosters evidence-based practices, and supports the success of an inclusive teaching and learning community. We encourage partnerships with and between faculty, graduate students, and undergraduates to serve the Brown community and advance teaching and learning. We offer opportunities for engagement and innovation through our consultations, programs, and resources. To learn more about the Center, see our website: http://brown.edu/sheridan.
The Sheridan Center supports the Brown teaching and learning community by providing:
- Practical advice and programs about evidence-based practices to enhance teaching and learning.
- Writing, academic tutoring, and English language support to help all students develop as learners and communicators.
- A hub for faculty, graduate student, and undergraduate instructors to connect around teaching and learning practices across disciplines.
- Consulting Services – classroom observations; consultations on course design, writing pedagogy, student evaluations, and TA training
- Teaching and Learning Resources - course development grants, online resources addressing a wide range of topics
- Programs - orientations, workshops and lectures, institutes and seminars, certificate programs, classroom-based writing workshops
- Support for Educational Research and Assessment – support for guiding course and curricular assessment, consultations on scholarship on teaching and learning, assistance with evaluation sections of postsecondary educational grants
- Communities and Services to Support Students – Writing Fellows program, academic tutoring programs, language learning partners program, workshops for and consultations with English language learners
- Community - Programs and projects that bring together faculty, graduate students, postdocs, and undergraduates from across the disciplines
Physical Address: 5th and 7th floors, Sciences Library (201 Thayer Street)
Mailing Address: Box 1912, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912